We are General Informatics
In 2001, General Informatics opened its doors in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, and currently has locations throughout Louisiana, Mississippi, and Alabama.
General Informatics boasts an exemplary team of more than 60 engineers, programmers, and designers throughout the southeast region.
In 2020, General Informatics partnered with Rosewood Private Investments which has allowed us to grow organically and through acquisition. Our next phase of growth includes entering other markets within Alabama, as well as Texas, Mississippi, and the Florida panhandle.
With a continuously growing portfolio of diverse technology offerings, General Informatics has helped clients enjoy momentous growth through innovations in technology and service delivery. General Informatics is the fastest growing IT services provider in the Southeast and is the leading IT partner for businesses, schools, and government agencies spanning the Gulf Coast.
- GI acquired fellow IT firm Teknarus in 2016 and TCTelecom in 2018, bringing Louisiana's top tech talent under one roof.
- GI announced its expansion to the Alabama market in May 2021 with the opening of our Birmingham office on June 1st, the first of three planned locations
- In May 2021, GI acquires the PC sales and managed services division of EMCO technologies, a Baton Rouge-based technology and IT staffing company.
- Our next phase of growth includes entering other markets within Alabama, Texas, Mississippi, and Florida.
- In October 2016, GI broke ground on our new corporate headquarters. The state-of-the-art campus, @Highland, will serve as a Center of Excellence, bringing next generation technology and lifestyle to Baton Rouge.