Complex IT Made Simple
We are General Informatics
In 2001, General Informatics opened its doors in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, and currently serves the entire Southeast United States with locations throughout Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, and the Carolinas.
General Informatics is an Information Technology firm with a mission to inspire others to solve business challenges through the best use of technology.
From the beginning we have maintained our commitment to meeting the growing needs of our clients through continuous innovation. Our Managed services teams can run your digital infrastructure or support your team on an on-demand basis, letting you focus on your business strengths.
- GI acquired fellow IT firm Teknarus in 2016 and TCTelecom in 2018, bringing Louisiana's top tech talent under one roof.
- GI announced its expansion to the Alabama market in May 2021 with the opening of its Birmingham office on June 1st, the first of three planned locations.
- In May 2021, GI acquired the PC sales and managed services division of EMCO technologies, a Baton Rouge-based technology and IT staffing company.
- In November 2021, GI acquired Versiant fast-growing technology solutions and managed services provider based in Charlotte, NC.
- In December 2021, GI acquired Unicom Technologies, a Texas based MSP focusing on the banking, credit union, and financial services verticals, among others.
- In January 2022, GI acquired CMS IP Technologies, a leading Managed IT Provider with an established presence in the Texas, Louisiana, and Colorado markets.
- In October 2016, GI broke ground on our new corporate headquarters. The state-of-the-art campus, @Highland, will serve as a Center of Excellence, bringing next generation technology and lifestyle to Baton Rouge.